Sunday 17 July 2011

Glorious crochet sweaters

NowTHIS brings back memories... of a striped green/purple rugby shirt borrowed off a boyfriend in the deep and distant past when we'd got soaked in a summer downpour........Aaaah such memories! LOL.
Looks fun though doesn't it ? Crocheted cotton poloshirt type tops to run along a beach in.
Hi guys, still working on SALICE from Kim Hargreaves/ Rowan but as I had delivery of a brand new computer processor yesterday and darling hubbie copied all my files across I though I'd quickly try out how everything works with the new systems. WOW- its soooo much faster!
A new mouse and a super compact smooth clicky keyboard too..... Above is a book I may have mentioned before, I sooo love it! Especially as it has so many memories: ALL of the patterns I have seen before in a magazine called ARIADNE to which I subscribed as a teenager- so these all connect me to the days when I was 12- 16, early to late 1970's, YUP the seventies!
And yet - maybe that's to me- they don't look all that ''dated'' do they????
It'd raining today, mid July! And not that warm so actually this maohair jacquard cardi looks just the job to snuggle into while reading a good book on holiday- sofa but no fire.... well it IS ''summer''!!!
Gorgeous back....
Ooooh this makes me want to go skiing!
Comfy warm car-coat anyone?
These cables as divine aren't they?
Chunky ribbed shawl collar coats must have been '' the look'' back then?
There's plenty of summer cotton jumpers too, mainly with boat necks, here's just a few:

So sorry I seem to have ''lost'' the function to change the colour to my lovely blue, I don't much like black script......... Will need to learn how to get it to re-do. I tried and it cut the last photo out instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment