Thursday 22 April 2010

BIG Birthday day- all day joys

How old is this face?????????
Hi there, sorry about the delay but my beloved camera died last week and as it's my birthday today I was not allowed to replace it as this would make an ideal present.... BUT we had to choose it together and as we've been snowed under type busy THAT has not yet happened.
So we've had many lovely days but only a few photos taken with my phone- camera to show for it and my computer does not accept my phone camera photos- it has to go via JJ's laptop....
My BIG day started at 6.30 am with a cold tired Miss E who had snuck down to the kitchen at 6 am to finish the cake she made all by herself and ESPECIALLY for ME!
RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE BROWNIE CHEESECAKE!
Made from 3 mouthwateringly delicioso layers. We cuddled in bed till 7 am to warm her up again( the heating had been off overnight and temp had plummeted to 0 C) then Miss Y woke up and went to make me breakfast in bed!
A huge Cath Kidstone mug of hot tea followed by granary toast with vegemite- yum yum.
Presents and cards, including a fab poem written to me by Miss E and amazing tokens from Miss Y , then JJ woke up and joined in and even both Lucy AND Pippa came upstairs and jumped on the bed to ''kiss'' me HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
After seeing the kids off to school , JJ and I went for a walk on the South Downs Way. It was a bright sunny day, with the bluest of blue skies , no clouds and we arrived at our chosen start point at Buriton by 11.50 am. Even though I had received the national trail guide AND the OS map ( # 197) for my birthday we managed to set off in the opposite direction from the plan......
THIS path DID look so very inviting!
Instead of getting to South Harting we arrived at the Queen Elizabeth Country park and Butser Hill but as we so thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, who cares? LOVELY woods and we even saw a DEER running across the path aheead of us, that's good luck isn't it? Pipa and Lucy were in their element too, Lucy running ahead and Pippa trotting along happily too - for a change-.
Did you call me?
Oh boy, I LOVE it here!
I'm a log, a hairy log....
Which way now?
Pippa is on the lead: a/ because of the rabbits, b/ she's in season and c/ she still has no re-call: always ignores any calling of her name.....
Lovely birdsong was our background music all afternoon.
JJ had made delicious sandwiches and we found a place to have tea/coffee and lemon drizzle cake!
Back again to drive home for a late school pick-up.
Views on the walk back.

Lucy leading the way back to the car. Waiting for us. I have Pippa who by now is doing regular lying down protests.
JJ lying down with a well earned drink just before the 2 hour drive home....
After the tiniest bit of crochet - I have started Rowan's Sardinia pattern in DK Patons pure cotton in the dark lilac shown.( 4mm hook)- and after a refreshing malibu'n pineapple I slept almost ALL the way home!
After this the festivities continued but that's for another day!
















No comments:

Post a Comment