Wednesday 31 March 2010

Jj's 40th BIRTHDAY today!!!

Hip hip hooray! So it WAS the coldest most windy and hail-ridden day for some time. And it was also JJ's birthday: 40 today! We started with a cupcake tower around 11 pm yesterday and this was ready for breakfast to be snacked on all day...
We were going to go skiing at x-scape in MK but at the last minute JJ wanted to stay home so we walked the dogs at the Prebendal instead and explored a field reached by walking UNDER the by-pass.
Daffodils were the only bright spot as there was an icy wind and lead grey skies all day.

The dogs loved their walk and after we had a super-cosy lunch together and then JJ slept all afternoon. Made me think of my 4oth which was when Miss Y was one month old and I probably slept all afternoon too?

Was thinking how I can't really remember and how I should keep a ''birthdays-book'' to see what we did and how we are/live in all the years as they rush by at ever increasing speed.

My dad died aged 51 and I'll be 50 in 3 weeks from tomorrow so I'm a bit contemplative re birthdays at the mo.

My day was GREAT! Reserved for JJ but not called on much, so apart from cleaning and tidying and baking I finished my book: the self preservation society- very good- and had a shower and hairwash- not so good: rash on face is back.

Having done the goal setting workshop with TR last night I DID do 25 minutes fast ''power'' walking for fitness: to an old Charmed DVD , but then subsided back into procrastination by crocheting some sockwool instead of working on my pleated cupcake cases and my cupcakes.

My tutor didn't approve of my lovely white pleated case nor my chocolate beaded cupcake yesterday.... It has to be more pleated AND embroidered and the cake has to be embroidered too, NOT beaded; aaaah this has to be thought about.

Cupcake tower slightly depleted after the day of snacking, my phone has the ''before'' photo but it is only compatible with JJ's computer and I don't want to disturb the love.
Miss E and Y did splendid pieces of art and literature for JJ on the computer for him and made cards too and small pressies were made as well as bought. We also invested in a load of hardy perennials for the front AND back garden so he will enjoy seeing them grow as he sits on his ( and OURS) beloved swing seat. Miss E wrote an amazing ''newspaper article'' for JJ.
And after a yummy dinner- JJ wanted to cook a pork belly roast a la Jammie O.; we had a log fire and tv time as well as barrel fulls of laughter at Miss Y's video clips. ( she was given a wee video camera for her b'day and has been recording 58 clips since then)

Doggie and person cuddles and a wee bit more crochet for me 2.

I'm LOVING this: a Kaffe Fasset Regia sockwool worked with a 4.5mm hook and a pattern from Kathy Merrick's book: Crochet in Color. ( USA TERMS)

Very denim-y with lovely cafe au lait and milk chocolate as well as dark chocolate accents.

I'm planning to add other variegated KF sockwools though- all in broad stripes of lace.( ????)

So far it's 37 cm wide and 10 cm long and is about 7 width ways pattern repeats and 6 whole pattern-repeats in length. ( it's a multiple of 10 sts plus 3) and this weighs only about 14 g.

The yarn is 210m for 50 g. I'm even thinking a long loose duster coat in this stitch and this wool, open low V at front, very slimline.

It's very easy to work while watching TV as it's such a simple - mainly chains- design in an easy to remember sequence.


I went a little crazy at Kemps wools ( i.e. bought lots of ''to try out'' colours) when I'd tried this pattern stitch out in an acrylic King Cole sockwool before Christmas and these balls of wool have been ''bugging''/ calling to me for some considerable time now....oops.

I'll share the ones I bought with you tomorrow if time allows- I WILL need ( NO not need I'll LOVE TO )to make 2-3 entire cupcakes by tomorrow as I have to have 23 finished by April 19th! EEEEK.

i know i have to think i WANT to make all those cupcakes as because- as soon as you think ''HAVE TO''- it makes you NOT want to do it at all.... SIMPLE psychology really.

i DON'T have to do anything, I CHOOSE to do the course and I desire to pass so I'll be loving it, making those cupcakes. Really I DO.







1 comment:

  1. Oh and just so you know: earth hour was AWESOME!!! We all went to the big double bed together and giggled and tickled our way through at least one if not 2 hours of complete darkness - except for a few torches.
    We had just the BEST family fun!

    ReplyDelete